Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The sweatshop is open!

Pat has been here since Saturday.  She got in before lunch, but we had lots of grocery shopping to do.  Needed to lay in supplies for our week of quilting!
 Before Pat arrived I got a baby quilt done for my friend Cybelle's grandniece.  Baby Carolina was welcomed home by two big brothers.  I used the BQ2 pattern to try it before going ahead with the king size quilt.


 Production is the name of the game, since Pat arrived.  I finished an I Spy quilt for Dr. Kaufman, from a top I pieced while at Bear Cabin Inn.  I was able to get both of these on the same backing.
 I quilted the I Spy while Pat finished the wedding quilt she had started at Bear Cabin.  Got those trimmed and bound, and started quilting on the top put together from the excess anniversary blocks at the AZ retreat.  They will be going to a fundraiser for Yetta's grandson.

I had this post nearly finished when a thunderstorm hit our area.  We turned everything off during the storm.  We got a dumping of two inches of rain!  Woo-hoo!  We really need it, and it's nice to be in this monsoon pattern.  Hope Colorado is getting some of the moisture.
 

No comments: