Saturday, March 27, 2010


I finished up this little quilt that Pat put together.  First one I've quilted on the longarm in a long while.  As I was doing the binding, I found a spot in the backing.  Looked like a tear or flaw in the fabric.  On closer inspection, I found two more similar spots.

What a bummer, and now I need to be more careful about picking backings!  Since the quilt theme is three little kittens who lost their mittens, I thought some mitten appliques would look okay on the back.  

Pat has offered to make the needed repairs, while reminding me that I really need to get back to working on Jackie's quilt!  Only three weeks until the wedding.  Yikes!  I do work best under pressure though!

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Total Knee Card

Two friends had total knee replacements and I made them fabric postcards.  I thought I should make one for the doctor at the VA that did my total knee replacement.  I made one for the hand surgeon that worked on my thumbs, even after my ordeal with a post-op infection last summer.
Recovery is going well.  It's a lot of work regaining strength in that leg.  Tomorrow I get the stitches, staples, and steri-strips out.  I think my doctor is a belt and suspenders kind of guy!  It was good to spend some time in the sewing room.  Of course, it is in complete disarray again as only postcard making can accomplish.  I need to get back to work on Jackie's king size quilt...April 17 is not too far away.