Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another finish.

Thanks to Nyla for giving me this great quilt for our cause.  I had put off quilting it because I always feel my quilting is inadequate for freehand work.  And then there is the question of how to fill all that space.  

Thankfully the quilt had some great applique blocks that were perfect for outlining, and some larger fill areas.

I also did the antique cars pantograph for our longarm guild raffle quilt.  I didn't get a picture of the completed quilt, but a few shots of the cars. 

I was surprised that a member's husband recognized many of the cars make and model  from the quilting.  

Now I'm working to finish the quilting on Jackie's monstrous, king size, black and white quilt for Christmas.  I'd also like to get a few more quilts done and delivered to Dr. Kaufman.  This is always a busy time of year for newly diagnosed diabetic children.


Tuesday, October 08, 2013


Last fall when I was making quilts for the grandsons for Christmas, I cut some pieces parts wrong.  Thankfully I had enough of the fabrics left for a do-over.  I used the wrongly cut parts to make another odd sized BQ3.

I've been spending a good deal of time in the sewing room again, and have pieced older daughter's king size black and white quilt which will go on the longarm next.

The spectacle doesn't last long, but the sunrises are once again lighting up my mornings.  It throws wonderful pinkish highlights to the east as well.

We've already had our first frost, but I love the cooler mornings and evenings with the still warm days.