Thursday, March 04, 2010

Total Knee Card

Two friends had total knee replacements and I made them fabric postcards.  I thought I should make one for the doctor at the VA that did my total knee replacement.  I made one for the hand surgeon that worked on my thumbs, even after my ordeal with a post-op infection last summer.
 
Recovery is going well.  It's a lot of work regaining strength in that leg.  Tomorrow I get the stitches, staples, and steri-strips out.  I think my doctor is a belt and suspenders kind of guy!  It was good to spend some time in the sewing room.  Of course, it is in complete disarray again as only postcard making can accomplish.  I need to get back to work on Jackie's king size quilt...April 17 is not too far away.
 

1 comment:

ArizonaCarolyn said...

I am a proud owner of one of your TKR postcards. It hangs in a place of honor on my bulletin board in my sewing room where I can see it everyday. I love it!