Friday, February 26, 2010

That's what I'm talking about...

I spent my energy hours this morning making myself a salad for lunch.   

When I was in Phoenix the weekend before last we went to the Olive Mill, and I bought a bottle of their most wonderful Meyer Lemon Olive Oil.



We had lunch there my last day, and it was a wonderful treat.  I had been using Pat's assortment of oils to make salads for us with vegetables sauteed in the oil.  They are amazingly flavored unlike any of the infused oils I've tried to make myself.  We're still working on the Costco roasted chicken we brought back on the way home from the hospital.  

Yesterday I pressure cooked the chicken carcass to make broth, then pressure cooked vegetables which I then put in the blender.  I love creamy soups, but don't use dairy, just thicken the broth with flour, and so I have a nice hearty, creamy vegetable soup awaiting me for dinner. 

Today I seem to have a good amount of energy.  I won't count on it tomorrow, but it's getting a little better every day. 

1 comment:

sophie said...

Hurray for yummy healthy food and getting better every day.