Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still fine tuning

You'd think by now, my method of doing quilt bindings totally on the sewing machine would be old hat.  Last week I decided to try out my zipper foot on the machine.  I like to top stitch my binding very close to the folded edge.  Sometimes, I wander off that edge, and have to go back to get it right.  The zipper foot gives me much better visibility at hitting the target, and has made an already enjoyable task even better.  If you do your bindings by machine, you might want to give it a try. 

This is the last of my current load of quilts, another from Carolyn's blocks that Pat put together.  Lindsay and I are delivering them today.  I have five or six left to quilt, smaller ones, that maybe will let me ease back into spending some time standing after my surgery.

 

No comments: