Saturday, March 27, 2010

Disappointed!



I finished up this little quilt that Pat put together.  First one I've quilted on the longarm in a long while.  As I was doing the binding, I found a spot in the backing.  Looked like a tear or flaw in the fabric.  On closer inspection, I found two more similar spots.

What a bummer, and now I need to be more careful about picking backings!  Since the quilt theme is three little kittens who lost their mittens, I thought some mitten appliques would look okay on the back.  



Pat has offered to make the needed repairs, while reminding me that I really need to get back to working on Jackie's quilt!  Only three weeks until the wedding.  Yikes!  I do work best under pressure though!

1 comment:

Pat/SWquilter said...

Those three little kittens turned out pretty cute, and I soooo appreciate you quilting it for me to donate to another favorite charity of mine - Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Moab, Utah - rather than as a donation to Dr. Kaufman, which was my original intent. Best Friends is having a raffle this summer and I wanted to contribute something - you helped make it possible! I'll give you credit on the label!

Pat