Monday, July 30, 2012

Quilt store shopping


We made a stop in Rupert Idaho, outside of Twin Falls for shopping at a store Idaho resident, Colene, emailed me about.  She claimed the store was awesome, and they did not disappoint.  

The Gathering Place is a large LQS with lots of room and a wonderful layout.  Best of all they had lots of sale fabrics.  I don't normally frequent quilt shops--my budget runs more towards JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart (the ones that still carry fabric), and of course thrift stores.

I found these fabrics, all on sale except the batik and the Moda black & white stripe.  I've been looking for a nice B&W stripe.  Colene had tipped me off to the back room for sale fabrics, but they also had some outside the front of the store.  I was amazed at the selection and quality of wool fabric they had...though I didn't buy any wool.  They also had lots of patterns for wools, so many of them done up for inspiration.  

I picked up this kitty words print at one of the Wal-Marts where we went grocery shopping for $2/yd.  The "greeter" alerted me to the sales in their fabric section when I walked in.  I must look like a quilter? 

No comments: