Monday, January 30, 2012

Stack-o-quilts

 I met my goal of finishing a half dozen quilts in order to take them to Albuquerque since I have an appointment there today.  Unfortunately the need for these quilts hasn't slowed any, and Dr. Kaufman is still getting 2-3 newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetic patients a week.

I got the another BQ3 finished up with Cars themed fabric.  I quilted it with a truck pantograph by Dave Hudson.  I also used a pinwale corduroy for the backing which washed up soft and cuddly. 
 I was able to make another pillowcase to go with this one from the leftover fabrics.


A glorious sunrise this morning, but pictures didn't do it justice, so I just enjoyed the quickly changing colors. 
 

1 comment:

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Beautiful! My sister has just started quilting and the thing she loves the most is making quilts for people in need and giving them away. She hands out her quilts to homeless people she comes across in Spartanburg SC.

Glad you are thinking of joining me for the I Ching Modern Quilt-along!