Saturday, October 06, 2012

Taking in some sights!

Friday we took in some more of the city.  Thursday night was the wedding, and another late night.  I am not accustomed to going to bed late...I'm lucky if I can keep my eyes open after 8 p.m., and no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up early.
 
I made an itinerary for the day.  It involved subway transfers and then the free ride on the Staten Island Ferry.  It was a beautiful day Friday.  It had rained off and on since our arrival, but not to worry the temperatures were right up there making it hot and humid!

We took the ferry to and walked around a bit on Staten Island.  Then we took the ferry ride back to Manhattan.  The views of the city were great. 

Ellis Island with sailboats around.  Dale's grandparents came through there from Norway.  My mom and I entered the country at Idlewild Airport, now JFK. 


Boy we walked, walked, and then walked some more.  I couldn't resist a picture of this church squeezed in between two skyscrapers just across from the ferry station.  We started looking for a place to have an early dinner, and happened on Fraunces Tavern, which we later learned was an historic site.


We happened upon Wall Street, just walking and taking in the city.  We ducked into this little entry when we were getting our bearings, after I glimpsed the mosaic work.

  So much to see everywhere but we were running out of leg and headed back to the condo.      
 

No comments: