Sunday, October 21, 2012

Back to quilting

Pat arrived Saturday morning.  It was her birthday and we went out to lunch and did some serious shopping with time to kill until another friend arrived in the afternoon.  

Saturday was not a productive day since we didn't get back until later...but started cranking out quilts on Sunday.  I had a couple of tops ready to quilt.


This one gave me lots of grief.  The precut squares it was made with broke two needles on my longarm in quick succession.  It was also breaking thread, but I managed to get it done.  It's the only one of this batch that would work for a boy.  I backed it with racing themed fabric.

This next top was given to me at February's AZ retreat.  Thanks Denise!  I added the borders and the backing seemed a perfect fit.  


Valentines anyone?  And so work at the sweatshop begins.  Pat started working on tops she had started on her previous trip.

 

No comments: