I got this wonderful quilt from Colene at the retreat in AZ, and after adding an (ar)resting strip and borders, I loaded it on the longarm. I found the perfect backing, a king size sheet in a light gold color. It was just a bit short, so then I started combing my stash for a strip to piece in. With Dale's input I picked a print that I thought worked.
It turned out to be a generous queen size. Pat has trained me to prefer quilts with ample drape on the sides. I decided to do a pantograph, Quills, in the center, a Native American feather design in the borders, and a freehand design in the resting strip. I had to reload the quilt to do the feathers on the side border.
All this to say it's been on my machine a lot longer than most of the kid sized quilts I usually do. I hope it's wildly successful when it's raffled!
It's been fun to recognize some of the blocks I made from the swap I participated in. I also have a stash of these black and batik blocks to put together into a quilt sometime!