Thursday, January 07, 2010

A wintery day...

Boy what a change in the weather, though not unexpected for a winter's day. Tuesday I was hanging clothes out on the line, and today I didn't even walk to the post office. Dale was braver, donned his snowmobile suit and walked to get the few pieces of junk mail that were in our box.

I finished putting a resting strip and borders on the quilt that was on the design wall when Pat left. I don't know who to thank for the cute center fabric, but Pat brought so many things, it was hard to keep it all straight.

I'm back to work on our bed quilt. It's been over a year in the making, and I have a vision for how I want to finish it. It's too heavy and won't stay up on the design wall now, so no pictures. I have wool batting that I'm going to use for it, and I can't wait to quilt it, but I'm sure I'll be waffling over how to quilt it. I've come to terms with my pantograph usage. It works for me, but I'm purposely going to load a donation quilt that I think requires some custom quilting. It has some chicken blocks that I don't feel should just be quilted over without regard to the design. We'll see if I really do a custom job on it, or at the last minute decide that a pantograph will be just fine! I think I need to add to my pantograph library. Here's the back of the Christmas quilt with Dave Hudson's snowflake design which is one of my favorites.

3 comments:

Pat/SWquilter said...

Looks great - Ellen gave me the center panel on that one.

Pat

Kim D. said...

Looks nice Hilda and I like the quilting.

Linda P. said...

What an adorable quilt. I can see why that panto is one of your favorites - it looks perfect for that quilt. You really do a great job using pantos Hilda.