Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Glorious Morning


The sunrises have been beautiful. Mostly I just enjoy them without bothering to photograph them, as I have so many pictures of sunrises and sunsets. At this time of year, there are many that are photo worthy.

We had a wonderful early holiday with the girls and their significant boys (what can I say, they're boys to me) in Colorado. We squeaked in and out and avoided a major snowstorm on the way home.

Pat came out for the New Year holiday weekend, and boy, we got a lot done in the sewing room. We delivered another nine quilts to Dr. Kaufman. I have that many left to quilt and bind. They are so appreciated. This quilt already found a home, hot off the press! A 21-month-old little girl that was in the hospital, newly diagnosed with diabetes, and understandingly not very happy with high blood sugar and a fever. Hope the quilt is a little bit of comfort during this trying time of adjustments.


We watched Julie and Julia and that inspired me to be creative with turkey leftovers. My favorite dish was spinach tortellinis, which Dale had helped me make and were waiting an occasion in the freezer, with a mushroom champagne sauce made with recycled gravy. Today I'm going to recycle the last of the mashed potatoes into a pie crust with the last of the turkey...and maybe a little of that champagne sauce. Let the new year begin...

No comments: