Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting some quilts done

I was able to get three quilt tops done while at Bear Cabin.  I used orphan blocks from Linda H. to put together a "hockey" quilt.  Also had flannel with hockey motifs for the backing.  It's nice to be able to make some quilts that work for boys.  

I also put together a four patch with fabrics I got in February from Chris' stash.  Chris was a hostess at the AZ retreat I attend, and lost her battle with pancreatic cancer earlier this year.  It made a bright, cheery quilt.

I enlarged this liberated pieced center also from Chris' stash for another bright quilt.
  It's so much easier for me to get tops done when I have some orphans or pieces parts to work with.  I also bordered this panel of tropical birds for another quick quilt.

No comments: