Sunday, August 14, 2011

One for me

So, in between finishing a number of charity quilts, I managed to get one done for us.  After our last trip with the camper it became evident that the quilt that's been on the queen bed for a while, didn't really cover two people simultaneously. Most of the time it's not a problem because I'm frequently too warm for any covers--a definite shift from my youth.


While I was at BCI, I was able to get a new top done from a friend's borrowed BQ3 pattern.  It's a great pattern for prints that you don't want to cut up, and can showcase the fabric.  It's going to be an improvement, and the smaller quilt can be for the couch in the camper which opens up into a double bed.




The next quilt comes with a warning.  Stand back.  It's best viewed from a distance...do you have a horse you can gallop by as you look at it?  I used to be less afraid to do free motion (not a pantograph) quilting when I was newer at this.  Now I seem to prefer pantos all the time.  But I gave myself permission to just go for it on this little quilt, which I put together from orphan blocks from Chris' stash.  I suppose if I don't get more practice, I'm never going to feel confident in my ability to do anything except pantographs.  Just don't look too closely, I sure don't need to anyone to point out the imperfections...I bet I can find more than anyone else, but maybe it'll just cheer up a child's hospital stay...



No comments: