Monday, December 20, 2010

What I've been working on...

What?  No sunrise or sunset pictures?  I was beginning to feel like The Little Prince who could just adjust his chair to see sunsets.  I'm afraid I'd get nothing else done.

But I have been in the sewing room during the daylight hours.  Got two more of the tops donated by someone who works with Dr. Kaufman finished up.  

In the interest of blogging about the process, here's what I'm working on now.  It's Pat's "Kyoto" quilt for a friend's daughter who has been working/living in Japan.  

I'm using Mandarin Garden, another new panto from my shopping spree at the NM longarm meeting.  It's quite dense, but easier than the Silly Snowmen.  I've learned that crossovers are where I tend to get lost following the design, and get turned around.






So far, so good, though I've only done one pass on it.  I still want to master the Snowmen, but I'll do it as a whole cloth.






I need to get all my longarming done this week.  It'll be a long while before I get back after Christmas, but I'm sure twins will be keep amply occupied.  Today's agenda includes holiday treat making with Lindsay.  

3 comments:

Pat/SWquilter said...

It looks great so far - are you quilting it with the back up? Or did you just unzip the leader to take your picture?

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

talking about pantos ... the quilt that is loaded on Lizzie has a pieced center with 3 borders (narrow-wide-narrow). I've done template work in the borders. Because the center is quite busy with the piecing and because I haven't done a panto in a very long time, I decided to do one in the center.

The design features a number of turns that go back on themselves before reversing once again to go in the right direction. If I need to stop, I do remember to stop on a point ... but there were a few times when I restarted *in the wrong direction*! oy! How annoying!

Anonymous said...

That panto looks wonderful quilted up!