Saturday, September 11, 2010


I made this bear for Jackie twenty some years ago.  I was rather proud of it.  For some reason she decided to pull apart the soles of his feet, and partially unstuff his legs.  She also ripped the tabs that kept his coat closed, and I don't know what happened to his original hat.  I used regular (read "cheap") felt for the coat and soles, and she had no trouble inflicting the damage.  I was not in the mood to repair him at the time.  
She kept him all these years.  When we were visiting I asked if I could bring him back to NM and repair him.  Reluctantly she let me take him.  Fortunately I still had the pattern.  I used felted wool to make him a new coat, hat, and repair his soles.  She intends to put Paddington on a shelf in the boys' room.  Apparently she's the only one who will be allowed to love it quite that hard!  


1 comment:

Pat/SWquilter said...

Sweet! You did a great job on the repairs!