Thursday, September 02, 2010

Finished before leaving

As usual I was working down to the wire to finish quilts before heading up to Colorado.  I finished the lap quilt for Jackie with leftovers from her king quilt, but then wanted to make a quilt for one of her friends that recently had a baby girl.  I haven't participated in many block swaps, but it is sure nice to have a pile of blocks and be able to quickly put together a quilt. 

Jackie's ultrasound revealed two boys!  Jackie would like quilts with the same colors/fabrics as I used for their quilt.  I'm going to incorporate some other fabrics and come up with something.  

Our drive up was great, a beautiful day, and we went through Santa Fe, Taos, Fort Garland, and Walsenburg.  Hadn't been that way in a long time.  Of course there are a lot more houses and cities have expanded.  
 

No comments: