Monday, May 03, 2010

Where is spring?

When we lived in Tucumcari, it would sort of instantly go from winter to summer in a matter of days, windy days, and the temperatures would be too hot for me.  I love it here where it cools down at night, and we seldom have to use the air conditioner.  But yesterday it snowed!  This is a late snow for sure, and of course none of it stuck, and it's good moisture, but I'm ready to enjoy some sunshine.  We've had lots of windy days, and cooler temps after a brief hint of spring.  I'm hoping the peach blossoms survived, and that we will have fruit. 

The week in Colorado ended with some of this same weather.  There was snow on the ground when we left a week ago, but was warm and sunny here when we arrived home.

Here is the finished KING quilt.  It certainly was a monster to make.  I'm not sure I loved working with homespuns, but I'm going to make a lap quilt with leftover fabric that they can use when napping.



This little rascal kept me busy at their house, enough so that I didn't gain any weight over the week there, despite eating like I was on vacation. 

I was able to coax some scaled quail to come and eat outside the kid's house with crumbs I scattered.  They are such cute birds, but disappear in the brush so easily.  I was able to get a picture, though not very well focused, and through the window.    

No comments: