Sunday, April 02, 2017

April Fools' Day blizzard

While I was busy getting a package ready to mail...I glance up to see this:

The snow came down quickly in big flakes and soon covered everything including the roads.  The path from garage to house was pretty slick.  Later in the afternoon the snow was all gone, and it rained.  Then a bit later it started snowing again and completely covered everything.  This morning it was 25 and the crusty, icy, snow was still here.  This afternoon there is once again no sign that it ever snowed yesterday.  Don't know if my lilacs can take this!

I decided to cook today.  I made bread to warm the house, though the sun is also warming things up.  I use Lynne's recipe as it consistently comes out.  I've just never figured out how to keep the top from wrinkling and then coming off the slices.   

I finished this little wool piece and sent it to Jackie.  I enjoyed working with the wool.  

I had finished these twofer quilts but hadn't gotten them bound.  Lindsay and Geoff were here for a week, and it was a busy time.  Yesterday I got them bound.  I love when I can get two quilts on one backing.  Thanks Pat.  





Another beautiful sunrise the last day of March. 
 



 

No comments: