Sunday, April 09, 2017

Sings of spring...

We had a few mornings below freezing.  I don't think the peach tree is going to blossom at all.  The apple tree is blossoming and who knows, maybe it will bear a couple apples!
I was able to walk to the post office a couple of days the past week, and yesterday I found a couple keepers.  The first is this intact little bottle, possibly from the 1970s.

I also found a little piece of Homer Laughlin (the makers of Fiesta ware) which dates to November 1932 according to this chart

My tulips didn't mind the snow and it looks like I'm going to have iris blossoms as well.  A couple of the tulip blooms broke off from the weight of snow. 

On another front, I had my interview for citizenship and passed the civics test.  Now all that remains is the oath ceremony.  I'm not much for ceremonies but doing it all on the same day proved not to be an option when the person that issues the certificates was off the day of my interview.  




 

1 comment:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Congratulations on your citizenship interview and test!! Even if you don't stand on ceremonies, it might be a nice exclamation point to your road to citizenship, at least I hope it is :)