Saturday, September 08, 2012

Where's the pot-o-gold?

I think the spectacle is itself the reward.  We had the most gorgeous, complete rainbow with a bit of a second one as well.  I used "stitch" feature on my camera to get it all.  I could have done a better job of photographing the individual parts...but I kept thinking it would be gone before I got it done.  





This little guy was on a beam above the picnic table shelter where we stopped for lunch on the way home from Colorado.  I think it's the tiniest bat I've ever seen, and I had Dale hold up the dandelion for size comparison--it's a rather normal, smallish dandelion head. 
 On the home front, we got the peaches we bought on the way home all dealt with. They were rather bruised and battered and a lot more work than usual.  We're waiting for the five peaches on our tree to ripen perfectly. 
 

No comments: