Monday, September 24, 2012

Fabric Bomb?

Somehow I had the brilliant idea to use scraps.  I had two boxes full of all kinds of scraps.  I also have a plastic cart with drawers with more organized, color sorted scraps.  These two boxes were just the odds and ends, leftovers from quilt making, and clearing off of surfaces before Pat came so that we could work.

 It looks like a scrap bomb went off in the sewing room.  I have a couple of quilts ready to quilt, but until I clean up this mess, that isn't happening.  You can see that a long arm table comes in very handy for spreading stuff out on.

My quilt inspector was in heaven napping in this pile of stuff.  The weather is cooler and she enjoys her time indoors.  She spent the entire day napping here.  I finally had to put her outside when I was done for the day--she showed no signs of wanting to leave.



I have made some progress, but the piles don't seem to be diminishing much.  I'm thinking I need to put a time limit on this scrap excursion, cleanup, and leave some for seeding the next time I feel inspired to work with scraps.   That will probably only happen when I can no longer contain the exploding box of scraps!

 

4 comments:

sophie said...

I'm thinking that it's time for me to come visit ... and help you organize those scraps. As soon as I put mine into small bins, sorted by color (I reuse the plastic containers that contain 1 lb of spinach or lettuce), my scraps became a lot more usable.

My own organizing and unpacking is going so much more slowly than I thought it would ... which is why you haven't heard from me.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I recognize some of my scraps in there! :-)

Could you come organize mine, too, Hilda???

Rosie

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Hilda. Love the stuff you're making with scraps--it's a fertile time when the scrap box comes out. By the way, it is my firm belief that scraps multiply when you're not around. You just have to accept it!
best, nadia

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate what you post. You have a new subscriber now.