Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Well, the day dawned dark and drizzly, but the moisture turned to snow off and on all day yesterday. Surprisingly the 8 ft. baseboard heater and the little fan heater are enough to keep the sewing room comfortable even on cloudy days. It will likely be next year before we have gas out there.

I've been busy, cleaning up my sewing room which desperately needed it. I've bound a few more quilts and also put together a black and white quilt from the blocks I won at least year's retreat. I'm pleased with the results, and I also tried out the new pantograph I got at the NM Longarm meeting Dec. 1st. I got it from Dave Hudson, the "Pattern Man."

Having done a few pantographs, I know what I like and what is easier for me now. I don't like a lot of sharp points, finding those much easier to execute from the front of the machine. I got my "winnings" from ebay, a box of threads, mostly polyester which the machine seems to like, although I've also had good luck with Signature cotton.

The sun is shining at the moment, but there is a dark bank of clouds to the south. I hope they don't come this way. I need the sunshine, which is why I live in the southwest. Hope you all have sunshine in your day.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Hi Hilda,
I've been cleaning my sewing room too. I've been so busy lately that I've let it get really messy but after a couple hours attenion this morning it's looing pretty good.
Love the black and white quilt.
Sheri