Saturday, December 08, 2007

Soup weather

The wind blew all night, and continued through the morning until just a bit ago, and now we're finally getting a little bit of precipitation driving against the windows by the wind. Definitely makes me want to cook and have soup. I love my pressure cooker. I don't think I'd be able to cook dried beans without it. The first time I tried, we were living in Colorado at 5,000 ft. elevation and though I cooked the beans all day, they were still hard by afternoon. That's when I got a pressure cooker and have never looked back. I still don't soak my beans overnight, preferring to zap them with just enough water to cover in the microwave for 10 minutes, before cooking.

I had a productive day Thursday, but not nearly as productive yesterday. I've got the black & white blocks I won at the AZ retreat last year made into a top, and loaded on the long-arm for today's task. It will be another donation quilt for an older child.

I thought the challenge to post every day in November was great, but I knew I wouldn't be able to participate. But I'm challenging myself to be more than just an occasional poster.

My regular visit to the post office yielded a box of fabric from Fabric.com that I didn't order! I tried to contact them, but I'll have to wait until Monday. Either someone sent me a gift, or somehow they pulled my name out of the ether because I've never ordered from them and don't have an account. A mystery to solve.

No comments: