Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where do the days go?

Went away this past weekend to a quilting retreat near Payson, AZ. Had a wonderful, productive time. Got a quilt top together for older daughter and it's ready to load on the long-arm. (Along with a couple of others that have been waiting.)

Now that it's been delivered, I can post a picture of the birthday gift, a pencil case, I made Pat.

This along with a pincushion was rather hastily made before the retreat from this book, Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts. It's a beautifully photographed book, and I hope to take on more projects from it. Of course, now I see the Purl Bee has put together fabrics to make the pencil case, while I struggled to find appropriate pieces from my stash.

Fall has taken hold around here with a hard freeze while I was gone. I'm so glad to have jars and jars of canned peaches, peachsauce, and apricot jam. The days are warm and sunny and the nights cool, just right for sleeping under the covers, instead of kicking them all off.

No comments: