Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


Wow, hard to believe it's been almost a year since I posted. It was an eventful year for sure. We sold our little motel and retired! Got to see our names up on the big screen during the credits of Pixar's Cars.

My mother-in-law passed away this summer, which after many years of fighting myelodysplasia was not unexpected, but gave me yet another reminder to really live the moment.

The current moment in our neck of the woods is snow covered. But since we are retired and don't have to drive to work, have plenty of food, it's not a problem. I finally broke my sewing dry spell and made some pillow covers for a loveseat in my new sewing room, a large room which is part of the garage we built. I hope to make good use of that room in this new year.

3 comments:

sophie said...

Nice snow. It's supposed to snow here later and I'm surprised that I'm actually looking forward to it ... it's been so GREEN.

Happy New Year and welcome back to blogging.

Pat/SWquilter said...

You're back!! Being retired and not "having" to do anything specific when it snows would definitely be a better deal than when I lived where it snowed and had to get back and forth to work! Glad to hear you've been able to do some sewing.

Pat

P.S. What's the little handicap symbol next to the word verification for??

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

You sure have a lot of snow! Great weather for quilting. What did you do for Cars? It is one of my son's favorite movies.