Monday, March 01, 2021

Quilt repair and rulers...

 I'm typically not much of a piecer, when it comes to quilting.  I prefer the quilting part and binding to piecing blocks.  Fortunately I have friends that piece and so I'm well stocked with quilt tops.  

This couch quilt was one I put together.  Most of the blocks were from a quilter's estate, and I had to add a few to make it big enough.  I recently noticed that one of the fabrics in a block had completely disintegrated.  I repaired it.  

Then I discovered another block which had the same fabric.  I repaired that today, along with a third block that featured the fabric which was also in shreds.  I appliqued a replacement strip over the shredded fabric.  

When my friend Rosie mentioned she had scored an old ruler at a yard sale...I shared that I had a ruler collection.  One of the many things I collect!  She sent it along with Meyer lemons from AZ which arrived today.  

I thought it interesting that someone had sewn some zig-zag stitches over the wooden ruler!  Was it to advertise the strength of the Pfaff?  

When laying out the rulers in my collection, I noticed I have a meter stick...39 inches besides the yard sticks.  I also have a couple up on the wall, folding rulers, that didn't make it to the
photo shoot.

Speaking of photo shoots, I was able to capture the early moon rise the other night.  So much easier to photograph when it's still light out. 




No comments: