Friday, January 29, 2021

Another Hat

 Thanks to Melody Johnson posting about a different way to do colorwork, I went in search on Ravelry and tried another hat.  

 


I found this technique much easier than Fair Isle knitting.  

I made a set of Russian nesting dolls for Dr. K's granddaughter.  I used another pattern from Ravelry.  I found them easier to do using crochet thread instead of yarn.  It gave them a little more body, but if I ever make them again, I would use a thicker crochet thread.

I did finally load a quilt on my longarm.  Need to get back into turning out quilts again.    

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

The hat is really pretty - and those dolls must have taken a lot of concentration! So good to have you posting again.

Cherie in St Louis said...

The hat is lovely! Do the dolls actually nest? They so very cute!