Monday, October 15, 2018

An early taste of winter


They were right on with this predicted weather.  I woke up to 26 degrees and a light dusting of snow.  It was raining when I went to bed, and sometime during the night when the temperature dropped, it changed to ice and snow.  The trees are still fully leafed, and now covered with a thin film of ice.  It's not melting and the thermometer has only inched up one degree in four hours.  I was glad to have cleaned out the heat stove last week and be able to turn it on.  No solar gain today!


I'm missing the spring days when this Western tanager stopped by, but I really love fall.

 Back in May I asked for a yarn ball winder for Mother's Day, and it was nice to use with my yarn stash. 

 I'm caught up with July finishes of donation quilts.  




 

2 comments:

sophie said...

Even though it was predicted, it still ok me by surprise this morning when I had to clean the snow off my car ... and I had forgotten to grab my gloves! All the skiers and snowboarders I work with are so excited about the prospect of lots of snow this year.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Snow -- I keep seeing photos from many of you and am reminded once again why we endure the horribly sticky summers here. There is rarely any snow and if there is, the entire city shuts down for a snow day. It is so pretty but I don't miss those growing-up Michigan winters.