Monday, July 23, 2018

Hot summer

Some time ago, I took a class with Anne Ravenstone to learn punched tin.  I did learn that it is much harder than it looks.  I had a couple of vintage glass doorknobs that I had envisioned worked with weathered wood and tin for a coat rack.

After I had a garage sale, I decided to spend some of the proceeds and commissioned a coat rack from Anne.  She delivered and added a couple of vintage doorknobs of her own.  
I've followed Susan Lenz's blog for a long time.  Susan makes a case for using all our precious stuff in her video.  She has inspired me to finally incorporate a tablecloth from my paternal grandmother into a quilt.     

I didn't know my grandmother well.  I did hear the stories that she would make all seven of her children, boys and girls embroider before they could go out and play.  Some of my uncles would bury the threads in the yard.  

I decided to incorporate star blocks that online friends showered me with after Dale passed away.  I also have a bunch of doilies, many that I made myself that I would like to use in a quilt.  I have more quilts than I can use...but they at least get used instead of gathering dust put away in a box.  

Still catching up with quilts finished this year.  One from Pat...
 and one from Tove.



 

  

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous way to use those vintage foorknobs and kudos for turning that tablecloth into a quilt!