Sunday, June 08, 2014

This past week...

A week ago last Sunday, Pat came over and finished a BQ3 top for her goddaughter.  She was headed to Austin for the graduation celebration and I pushed her to get it done so I could get it quilted.  I finished it and delivered it on Wednesday--but didn't get a picture of the finished quilt before it left for with Pat for Austin.
I suspended working on this one to do the BQ3.  Pat made this one some time ago, had it sandwiched, and had done some quilting in the ditch.  I decided to practice my freehand work, and did pebbles in all the circular parts.  

I filled the rest of the areas with feathers.  I also used all kinds of partially filled bobbins to empty them out.  The backing is a heavier weight home decorator fabric and I thought it would make a good car quilt.  This gave me enough license to practice without worrying too much about perfection.

After finishing Pat's car quilt, I loaded another quilt for Dr. Kaufman and tried one of my new pantos from Judy Lyon.

It worked great on this quilt, sort of echoing the pattern of the backing fabric.  

I also had enough of this black and white and black faux piping binding I used on Jackie's king quilt to get this one bound. 

No comments: