Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Some finishes

I have been steadily finishing the quilts that I got while at the retreat in Phoenix.  Most of them were finished tops and just need quilting and binding, my favorite parts.
This one, I added more novelty rows and strips to make it a little longer.  Thanks Ethel.  It's a great length now for a teenager.

Dee makes wonderful "I Spy" quilts, and she gave me two tops.  Her work is exceptional and I used a flannel sheet with Cars characters for backing.
I oriented the quilts sideways on the sheet, and was able to get them both on a single sheet.  I'm sure the kids--and I think both of these would work for boys--won't mind!  Thanks so much Dee!

These all finished in between a myriad of dental appointments.  Ugh!  Fortunately I have a wonderful new dentist, and she is very skilled and has gone a long way to reverse my previous bad experiences as a kid.  Let's hope these repairs last the rest of my life! 
 

No comments: