Wednesday, December 05, 2012

A parade of sunrises

I can't believe it's been over two weeks since I posted.  We spent Thanksgiving in Colorado and it was great to have the whole family together! 

The boys are growing up and are no longer babies.  They provided a lot of entertainment over the long weekend with their antics.  So much to be thankful for.  


 The sunrises in Colorado didn't disappoint.  Pikes Peak in the background shadow from the kids' balcony.

Back home it's a daily display of color in the early morning.  Not so early since I've been routinely waking up way before dawn.

 I caught a star, or more likely a planet still bright in the sky.
 Every morning it's another spectacle.  We've had a quite a few sunsets worthy of photos too, but I don't seem to get out to photograph them.  I just enjoy them unfolding.  They are frequently short-lived as are the sunrises.

I fought the temptation to touch up these photos.  They never seem as awesome as the real thing.   


Cranes continue fly over, back and forth.  They are so graceful.  Sometimes they fly fairly low right over the house, but I've yet to capture them when they do.  It seems like this is the first year since we've been here that they've stayed in the area this long.

 




No comments: