Tuesday, October 25, 2011

...with a little help from my friends

Having quilty friends makes it much easier to get a lot of quilts finished.  Especially when one of those friends comes for a week and is a production quilter.  Thanks Pat for putting together these quilt tops!
Judy A. gave us the center Corvettes and Ellen (if memory serves, which it frequently doesn't anymore) gave us the backing.  Pat had made yards of bias binding from a diagonal print featuring signal lights some time ago.  This was a most appropriate use of it!
It's a great quilt for a boy.  It seems harder to put together "boy" quilts from our stash.


Cathy gave us some blocks, and Pat magically transformed them into this top using a Savers fabric from my stash that picked up the colors for a border.
I also had a perfect backing fabric, a woven plaid also from Savers that was wide enough not to have to be pieced.  Yay!
 Thanks again friends!  A lot of children are going to get some comforting quilts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I always love seeing what you and Pat do with my donations! And it makes me so very happy to help too!
Love you guys!