Pat picked up the space blocks as part of a kit--for a wall hanging. She combined them to make three tops. I had some space fabric as well to add to it.
We used a sheet from Savers that must be really high thread count, although we didn't discover a few holes in it until we were rolling it up on the longarm.
Pat added a little applique of space fabric to cover the holes on the backing, but not without bleeding on it in the process. In washing it out I noticed that the backing is such a tight weave that it holds water!
Our stack of quilts is growing, and I'm going to deliver them next Wednesday so I'll be able to finish some more.
I also quilted Pat's beautiful zen quilt. It came together wonderfully, and the binding fabric was a batik that was a dream to use besides being beautiful. It's waiting for something else to run a load in the washer. The week is going by much too quickly. Back to the sweatshop...the third space quilt is waiting for binding.