Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sewing and sewing...

It all started when I was reading the about.com quilting forum, and someone mentioned they were getting rid of their jeans stash. Well, I have (had) a big Rubbermaid tub full of salvaged jeans. I thought that sounded like a good idea, and so I decided to go through my own denim stash after I saw this cute apron. Well, I had a lot of jeans that I could salvage and after doing a search of images for jeans aprons, I found some bib aprons from the pants legs.

I just couldn't stop even after I had made aprons for each of my girls, and their boyfriends. I repurposed a quilt block, some clothing labels, and some of my Route 66 fabric stash. More pictures of the rest of the aprons on Flickr.

So even though I have a pile of quilts to quilt, I've been otherwise occupied. Then today I spent most of the day cooking, making tortellinis, bread, and cinnamon rolls. Tomorrow younger daughter is coming over so we can make candy, scone mix, and cookies. And so since I didn't ever do a giveaway for my 100th post, here it is! Leave me a comment by this Friday (12/11) and I'll draw a name and send you an apron, and some other goodies!

11 comments:

Misha said...

Inspiring! I have some jeans I need to use up too, great idea!

Pat/SWquilter said...

They look good - I LOVE the one with the repurposed quilt block, but they all turned out great. I can pick out Geoff's, and I think yours for longarming, but not sure about the others.

Pat

SandyQuilts said...

Well I certainly needs some of your goodies ... I miss the scones at the retreat. Cute apron ... I could use one of those too.

thanks.

Judy Hamilton said...

Hey Hilda, you've been busy. I always need aprons cuz I am a messy eater, not because I cook, but you know that. This is the first time I've visited your blog, that in itself should make me the most eligible person to be gifted with an apron, but I know you will do the draw honestly. You will won't you?

cheers, Judy

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

This is the obligatory comment. :-)

What? no cage liners for animal cages from the jeans? they'd certainly be long-wearing! :-)

LindaPut said...

Darling apron Hilda - what a great idea for using up old jeans. Please enter me into your drawing; I'd love to have one of my very own. Also, congrats on 100+ posts.

Is this a new look to your blog? I don't remember seeing this pretty background before. I really like it. LindaPoo

quilt_designs said...

Hilda, love your apron! You are so creative! Have fun with your daughter and your baking day! Oh, and stay warm!

sophie said...

What a great idea. All your aprons are great–this one is my favorite of the bunch.

Please enter me for a chance in your drawing.

Ps. Like Linda, I really like the new look to your blog. It's pretty and functional . . . kind of like your aprons ;-)

Colene said...

Hi,
I love your cute aprons. I would say my favorites are the half aprons, especially the pink and orange flowers. Great idea.

bornblessed said...

Wow Hilda, what a cute idea for an apron! And to think that I got rid of that box of old jeans.....
They just announced at work that they want all of us to begin wearing aprons next year. A blue jean apron is just what I need - they are my favorite thing to wear after all!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that I deserve the apron, since I've known Hilda longest. ;-) But I shouldn't be greedy, since she's made me wonderful quilts. The aprons are great, Hilda, and congratulations on keeping your blog going! Rosie