Sunday, October 30, 2005

Free hour

Well, I forgot all about the time change last night and this morning, so happily I was given an extra hour today! I had my coffee and was all ready to sit down with Sunday Morning, which is my favorite news type show, and it wasn't on. Then I remembered daylight savings. It's going to get dark awfully early this afternoon.

I've been doing my morning pages. They don't seem all that therapeutic as I had been in the habit of daily confessionals to my best friend. We don't censor each other, and for years it has been a measure of my life.

I've planned my artist's date. I'm going to collect sage for smudge sticks. We're leaving on vacation tomorrow and I'm sure to find a suitable area. I think my vacation is likely to be one big artist's date. Our first stop is Bosque del Apache NWR just south of Socorro, NM, and it is heaven for this birder. Next we're planning a week in Safford, AZ and then a week in Tucson. Hope to take in the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. And I'm spending a weekend with Pat when I'm sure we'll try to do way more than we have time for...dyeing, thrift store shopping, movies, eating.

Nobody sees a flower--really--it is so small it takes time--we haven't time--and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.
Georgia O'Keeffe

I'm fortunate to be live in a place where the pace is relaxed and I am my own boss. I frequently fritter away my day observing the most (apparently) insignificant things, and I'll get to do even more of that in the coming two weeks.

I may not have internet access...

7 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Another bird lover! Great! I put up some decorative birdhouses in the backyard and the birds moved right in. It has been grand watching the bluebirds nest & have babies. Enjoy your trip but check in at Pat's house, OK?

Jules said...

Have a wonderful trip. What's a smudge stick?

Hilda said...

smuddge stick

sophie said...

Have a fabulous 2-week long artist date (aka vacation). I'm sure you'll have lots to share when you're home again.

Rian said...

Sounds very nice. Wonder if I can count my trip to Festival as an artist date before-the-fact... Have a great time.

Cathy said...

have a great time. It does sound like one big Artist Date

Maureen said...

Hilda
I'm over a week late catchingup on postings to my blog(sorry)Wish I was coming twitching with you!Have added you to my blog list! Maureen in Queensland