Monday, September 14, 2015

Starting a new stack...

I finished a couple of quilts to start a new stack for Dr. Kaufman.  Both of these made by Tove! 

These are larger quilts and will be great for some teenagers.  

I also worked on a top of my own.  I had cut these six-inch squares and started sewing triangle scraps to opposite corners.  And then since I generally lack staying power with making small blocks, abandoned it.

I came across it in my stuff and decided to finish the top.  I used adding machine tape to make a scrappy piano key border, which I had been wanting to try. 

It worked great, and then a need for a comfort quilt for a friend of Jackie's presented itself, and this found a purpose.  For backing I used this wonderful batik from IKEA, leftover from making curtains for Lindsay.

No comments: