Saturday, January 26, 2013

More production and an art challenge

After Pat left, I got another of her homespun quilts quilted and bound.  I just realized I haven't taken a picture of it yet.

I was inspired to make the same pattern with some precut batik squares Pat had bought to use for Dr. Kaufman quilts.  I'm liking it too much and am thinking of keeping it.  

I'm planning on trying out the really dense Mayan Glyphs pantograph, and then I'll really want to keep it.  I've been auditioning borders for it--and am likely going to go with a big 10" border so I can do the palm trees panto that is part of that set.

I've been looking for a challenge to make some sort of art at specific intervals.  I really didn't want to do a daily challenge--that's a little too overwhelming.  With some help from a member of the About.com quilting forum, I found this 5X7 challenge.  It seems to fit my needs.  I didn't start at the first of the year...but that's okay.  

1 comment:

sophie said...

The 5x7 challenge looks interesting. I can't wait to see your work. I like the batik squares quilt too and know you'll have fun adding the quilting that will really make it come alive.