Sunday, August 03, 2014

Clouds, rain, & quilting

Finally, I think we're coming out of the extreme drought!  Right here in Willard we had over 6.5 inches of rain for the month of July.  It's so spotty though, and sometimes too much in some areas to cause flooding.

These threatening clouds didn't actually give us much rain.  You can see a tiny sliver of moon on the left, and a jet contrail poking out of the cloud at about 3 o'clock.


I finished the quilting on Tove's quilt.  This is such a bright, cheerful quilt, featuring Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  
 
She wanted a simple Clouds panto on it, but since her backing was solid, I thought it would be better to have something with a bit more design.  I opted for Mandarin Garden. 

I'm now working on the donation tops she sent.  They'll keep me busy until my surgery date.  Finally I'm getting a fix for my total knee.  The patella is not riding right making a (painful) clunk at the end of extension.  Hopefully it will be a quick and fairly easy fix, and I'll be on my way to actually using this new knee.  
 

No comments: